Camino De Santiago
The Camino de Santiago, also known by the English names The Way of St. James, is the name of any of the pilgrimage routes to the shrine of the apostle St. James the Great in the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela in Galicia in north-western Spain, where tradition has it that the remains of the saint are buried. Many take this challenge as a form of spiritual growth and others do it for their love of walking and the beautiful views. Within this pack, you will find the itinerary for your journey and help with fundraising ideas.
GOOD TO KNOW
- £75 deposit secures your place (further £100 due 4 weeks later)
- £1,175 final fundraising goal (includes deposit)
- There will be a pre-departure meeting and walk
- Departure 18th April 2018
- Return 25th April 2018
- Transfers, flights, accommodation, 3 course evening meals, insurance, pilgrims passport and T-Shirt all included 18 Meet.
18 Meet at the Children in Crossfire Office, bus to Dublin, Flu to Santiago de Compostela, spend first night exploring the city at leisure.
19th Santiago – Negreira 21 km
20th Negreira – Maroñas 20 km
21st Maroñas – Olveiroa 20km
22nd Olveiroa – Cee: 18 km
23rd Cee – Fisterra 14 km
24th Extra optional walking day from Finisterre to Muxia 30km
25th Free afternoon then travel to the airport to fly home
93 km’s over 5 days walking/ 123km over 6 days
If you’re interested in taking part or would like some more information, please contact Shauna at firstname.lastname@example.org.