TIDAL: Educating the Heart is an accredited CPD programme for primary and post-primary teachers to support educators as they shape our students to become the people that the world needs most; compassionate and active citizens who are engaged critically with global issues and have the knowledge, skills, emotional intelligence and creativity needed to create a fair and sustainable world.
TIDAL: Educating the Heart training is suitable for all primary and post-primary teachers and teaching assistants who have a desire to learn new methods that cultivates compassionate global citizenship.
Children in Crossfire are delighted to be in a position to offer sub-cover for up to 3 teachers per school at a rate of £130/€146 per day.
Teachers will be supported to implement their learning with a pupil-programme which supports pupil voice and develops their ability to demonstrate compassion and empathy. Teachers will be provided with practical and innovative teaching and learning strategies which enable them to:
- Explore global development issues and actions to address these
- Promote pupil voice and provide platforms for pupils to develop their participation
- Support pupils personal and emotional development
- Develop pupils as critical thinkers
- Develop pupil’s critical literacy skills
- Develop creativity and imagination
- Develop a growth mind set amongst pupils
- Develop confidence and skills to address controversial issues with pupils
Alongside the fully funded CPD, we can also support teachers to complete an OCN level 3 qualification in local and global citizenship.
TIDAL: Educating the Heart supports school clusters and our pupil programme is an ideal shared education partner project, additionally we can support schools to establish a partnership on either a cross community, cross border, or international basis.
|Newry Training||Galway Training|
|21st and 22nd Feb
St Colmans College, Newry
|28th Feb/1st March
Slieve Aughty Centre
To sign up please follow this link: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/THKSYJJ