TIDAL: Educating the Heart
TIDAL: Educating the Heart is an accredited CPD programme for primary and post-primary teachers to support educators as they shape our students to become the people that the world needs most; compassionate and active citizens who are engaged critically with global issues and have the knowledge, skills, emotional intelligence and creativity needed to create a fair and sustainable world.
TIDAL: Educating the Heart training is suitable for all primary and post-primary teachers and teaching assistants who have a desire to learn new methods that cultivate compassionate global citizenship.
Children in Crossfire are delighted to be in a position to offer sub-cover for up to 3 teachers per school at a rate of £130/€146 per day.
Register for training in November 2019. We’ll be bringing Educating the Heart to, Belfast, Dublin and Athlone.
Teachers will be supported to implement their learning with a pupil-programme, which supports pupil voice and develops their ability to demonstrate compassion and empathy. Teachers will be provided with practical and innovative teaching and learning strategies to enable them to:
· Explore global development issues and actions to address these
· Promote pupil voice and provide platforms for pupils to develop their participation
· Support pupils personal and emotional development
· Develop pupils as critical thinkers
· Develop pupil’s critical literacy skills
· Develop creativity and imagination
· Develop a growth mindset amongst pupils
· Develop confidence and skills to address controversial issues with pupils
TIDAL: Educating the Heart is core funded by Irish Aid, and is complementary to Shared Education, ECO Schools, Green Schools and Rights Respecting Schools.
We have a particular emphasis on embedding ‘critical thinking’ and ‘personal and social wellbeing’ to the heart of exploring local and global issues.
TIDAL: Educating the Heart is designed to be fully integrated into the already existing timetable of the school, and it is intended to enhance and enrich the initiatives and programmes you might be implementing in your school.
It encourages schools to connect with their community and with other schools to share best practice in how we holistically prepare students for being compassionate, active citizens.
Children in Crossfire seeks to recognise the contribution of schools in cultivating the necessary knowledge, skills, attitudes and values for participating in the world as a compassionate global citizen. We have a Compassionate Schools Award that you will be supported through as part of the Educating the Heart Process.
Our Educating the Heart Journey
We’ve been on a wonderful learning journey to develop our Educating the Heart approach since 2013.
You can read more about our insights, discoveries and programme development here:
- Educating the Heart
- Compassionate Global Citizenship
- Development Education, Peace Studies and Secular Ethics
- Reflections from Holly Winskell on the launch of Educating the Heart
- The Importance of Values and Emotional A Practitioner Perspective
- Educating the Heart: Think Tank 2017 Executive Summary
- A research evalution of Educating the Heart Teacher Training
- Educating Heart Report 2019
- Richard Moore’s Story
- Beyond Religion – Ethics for a Whole World
- 5 good reasons and few words of wisdom
- IDEA’s Development Education Conversion Series Session #4