Development Education and Global Education Facilitators
We are growing our team of educators to deliver our Teacher training programme, TIDAL: Educating the Heart.
TIDAL: Educating the Heart is an accredited, capacity building training programme for all primary and post-primary teachers throughout Ireland, North and South. TIDAL (Teachers in Development and Learning) supports teachers with the knowledge, skills and values to develop compassionate global citizens in their class. The training merges Critical Literacy and Social and Emotional competencies to prepare students holistically for participating in the world as Compassionate Global Citizens.
TIDAL: Educating the Heart runs over 2 days, throughout the two days and subsequent weeks, teachers complete an OCN level 3 in Developing Compassionate Global Citizens.
To support our capacity to reach more schools, teachers, and students we are inviting applications from experienced development educators to facilitate this exciting new programme.
Successful applicants will have:
* A minimum of two years’ experience delivering Development Education programmes.
* Experience of implementing personal development and social and emotional learning with children, young people or adults.
* Strong knowledge of NI and ROI curriculum at primary and post-primary level
* Belief in and passion for creating a better and more compassionate world
* A good team spirit and capacity to work well with others
Successful applicants must be available to attend 2 days training, taking place on the 16th and 17th July in Derry. Subsequently, they will work with the programme coordinator to confirm a delivery schedule. TIDAL: Educating the Heart is a four-year programme and is delivered throughout the academic year in various locations throughout Ireland. Key service delivery months include October and February. In addition to delivering TIDAL: Educating the Heart you may also be asked to support with one-off workshops, seminars and conferences throughout the year.
To express your interest, please submit your CV and answer the following questions by 11th June 2018:
1. What excites and interests you about taking on this piece of work?
2. What is your understanding of ‘Compassion’ and how might it be relevant to development education? Please submit your CV and supporting answers to email@example.com by 12pm on the 11th June 2018
*Rates of Pay available on request. *Successful applicants subject to clear Access NI check.
This piece of work is on a self-employed basis. Successful applicants will be responsible for declaring their own tax and National Insurance contributions.