After a successful and fun day out fundraising in Belfast at the Totally Wiped Out event last month we catch up woth a participant to hear all about the event. Ali Sykes tells us of her ‘bittersweet’ experience as leader of the team – ‘Ali’s Army’.
– Introduce who you are and who your team is?
My name is Ali Sykes, I was a member of Ali’s Army, my team was composed of friends (hostages) to take on the Totally Wiped Out challenge.
– Why did you decide to do this event? For Children in Crossfire.
I heard about the event from Liam, the Belfast Fundraising Manager, and loved the idea. I had attended some other events already like the Strictly fundraiser and wanted to take part in one. This one being a ‘fitness’ style activity was right up my street!
– How did you fundraise? Any tips of suggestions for future fundraisers?
Mainly through emailing friends and family. Social media also worked a little but definitely just contacting people directly was most effective.
– What would you say to someone thinking about doing a fundraising event for CIC? Or someone thinking about doing Totally Wiped Out in the future?
Definitely do it! It’s a great charity and cause, the people are always friendly and you’ll have fun.
– One word to sum up your experience of this event & with CIC?
Loved the whole event, too bad my competitiveness led to a broken hand.